[b-hebrew] Loanwords

Walter R. Mattfeld mattfeld12 at charter.net
Thu Jul 10 14:49:59 EDT 2003

Dave Washburn wrote:

> (Walter asked:) If you DO ALLOW that "loanwords" could have been accepted
into the Hebrew
> language why the "fuss" ?

"See Michael's post."

But Dave,

You have NOT answered my query, only "dodged" it, speak for yourself, and
let Micael speak for himself.

It would "appear" from Michael's reply that he DOES ALLOW Egyptian loanwords
to be present in the Hebrew of the Bible (like Pharaoh, Goshen, Rameses,
Potiphar, Asenath, etc.).

loanwords, by what criteria does one DISALLOW _"ANY"_  Akkadian loanwords ?

Regards, Walter
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld, M.A. Ed.
mattfeld12 at charter.net
www.bibleorigins.net