[b-hebrew] Gen. 39:1 Potiphar's title

Bearpecs at aol.com Bearpecs at aol.com
Wed Jul 9 23:35:08 EDT 2003

Friends,
I am forwarding from another email list, with permission, the email below
related to Genesis 39:1, specifically the reference to Potiphar.  I include the
whole email for context without any intent of beginning a discussion of the
philosophical issue raised.  The piece I hope to get some insights about is
Potiphar's title (or is it just a description?) and translation thereof.
Thanks

In a message dated 7/9/2003 1:13:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,