[b-hebrew] pharaoh as god

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Jul 9 21:11:41 EDT 2003

> I don't know from what era "the earliest written
> sources" hail

That’s the rub. If they are contemporanious to the
pharaohs in question (e.g. the pharaoh who elevated
Joseph to prime minister) then the earlier
qestion concerning the meaning of QCP pertaining
to a god is strengthened, but if the sources stem
from a much later time (e.g. attributing divinity
to strengthen later claims) then the claim that QCP
is for a superior but not necessarily a god to an
inferior is strengthened.

Genesis, as it presently stands, favors the latter
reading, as it does not attribute divinity to the
pharaoh of Joseph’s time.

Thanks for the reference.

I hope your meal was tasty.

Karl W. Randolph.