[b-hebrew] Prov 20:25

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Jul 2 02:40:32 EDT 2003

Dear Jim:

I looked up in my dictionary and found that it has the meaning “to belittle”. My understanding of the verse is that “Belittling that which is set apart (holy) is a snare of a man
”

There are two other uses of L(( in Tenakh, Job 6:3 and Obadiah 16.

I found one other inscription on a rock, published in a book in the library, this time in script similar to Sinaitic where again L(( was used in the sense of belittling.

Yours, Karl W. Randolph.