_[b-hebrew]_Psalm_73:4_"Ul"

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Jul 2 01:51:26 EDT 2003

Thanks, Pere:

Actually it seems to make more sense to have )WL to mean “advance” than “body”. Asaph was complaining that the wicked were doing well “
and are well fed in their advance.” i.e. as they procede, they have plenty.

As for 2 Kings 24:15, the context of verse 16 seems to indicate that these were not just the nobles, but also those who were advanced, i.e. with special skills, to leave behind those with run of the mill training, including many nobles. I know most translations follow the Qere instead of the Ketib, but if we take the root meaning you mentioned, does it not make more sense to hang onto the Ketib instead of inserting the Qere?

Thanks again, Karl W. Randolph.