[b-hebrew] Preferred Unicode Hebrew font

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Tue Dec 30 09:47:23 EST 2003

On 30/12/2003 06:39, Ken Penner wrote:

>>Has the SBL font actually been released yet? If so, it needs a proper
>>announcement on several lists.
>>

>No, it has not been released. I have a pre-release version 1.03, with
>documentation stating, "You may redistribute this font software free of
>charge as long as the software is unmodified, all copyright and trademark
>notices are intact, and the font contains or is accompanied by a copy of
>this license agreement."

Understood. I have the same, I think; it was available from a website
for a time. But I am also aware of a number of issues with this
pre-release version, and especially with placement of accents, which
were still being fixed when this it was produced. For good results, wait
for the official release. But, from what I have seen, when it is
released it will be very good - and free.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/