[b-hebrew] Electronic version of unpointed, Masoretic text

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Dec 19 19:16:46 EST 2003

Dear Al:

One option is http://www.onlinebible.org/ which has an unpointed version and a pointed version. The unointed text is encoded as an unpointed text, not just displayed with the points removed. This is an advantage if one wants to do searches on the unpointed text.

It comes in both a Windows and Macintosh versions. The Macintosh version displays neatly in columns on the screen, while the Windows version tries to print each verse on one line of text, which I found disconcerting.

The disadvantage of Online Bible is that their text has their own encoding, and as far as I know no other Hebrew text is encoded in the same manner.

Karl W. Randolph.