[b-hebrew] "Hosanna in the highest" in Hebrew?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Thu Dec 18 02:31:52 EST 2003

Noam:

I was told that a common belief was that at the time of Messiah, all the Jewish festivals would end except for Sukkot. We find this in the New Testament not only in this passage, but also in the transfiguration of Jesus mentioned in Matthew 17 where in verse 4 Peter mentions building booths (sukkot). Also mentioned in Mark 9:5 and Luke 9:33. So this mixing of Passover and Sukkot is not a mistake.

The Tanakh tie in is found in Zecharia 14, in particular verses 16 and following.

This is getting a little off topic from our study of Biblical Hebrew.

Karl W. Randolph.