[b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm

Ken Penner pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Tue Dec 2 10:06:18 EST 2003

Dear B-Hebrew,
First, sorry about the duplicated hyperlinks in my last post; now we know
the list software does with an HTML message with hyperlinks!

As to the Aramaic of Psalm 22, I'm not sure I entirely follow the
transcription, but I'll take a stab at the relevant sections,

Targum Ps. 22:17
> > dmtylyN lklby)sgy(y kyn$t mb)y$yN )qpwny nktyN hyK
> > k)ry) )ydy wrgly

"A council of bad men pressured me, biting -NKT- just like the lion my hands
and my feet."

Peshitta Ps. 22:17
> > Peshitta:022017 mTl dxdrwny klb:), wknw$t) dby$:)
> > krkwny, bz(w ):ydy wr:gly,

And the council of the bad encircled me, they dug -BZ(- my hands and my
feet.

Ken Penner, Ph.D. (cand.), McMaster University
Aramaic Vocabulary Memorization software:
http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/westerholm/flash or