[b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Dec 1 02:39:13 EST 2003

Yigal:

I was lazy on this issue, and looked up the occurances of KRH in a concordance. Though I have disputed the pointings in some cases, I know of no reason to dispute the pointings for any of the occurances of KRH. That includes Hos. 3:2.

As for Biblical Hebrew words meaning digging, we have at least XPR meaning to delve, unearth, both literally as in digging (e.g. a well Gen. 21:30, 26:21) and metaphorically in searching out, and NQR which has the implication of digging a hole.

As for the participial use in 2 Kings 12:6,8, there’s enough to make that a discussion on its own, so I won’t push it now. However there is a word for “acquaintance” MWD(.

I think you are stretching to maintain your definition.

Karl W. Randolph.