[b-hebrew] Question for all - Lev. 17:13

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Aug 25 18:30:58 EDT 2003

The first part, “drain out the blood” is connected with Genesis 9:4 where God commands that the blood is not to be eaten.

As for the covering with earth, very likely this is a health practice. Uncovered blood is an attractive nuisance for flies and other vermin. An explanation is not given in the immediate context, nor anywhere else that I know of.

Karl W. Randolph.