[b-hebrew] Judges 4:18 - The Divine Name?

Hal Goodnight jwdefender17 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 23:32:02 EDT 2003

Hello, all. Here's a question for you, that I am having a bit of trouble getting information on. I have heard of the contention that at Judges 4:18, some Hebrew manuscripts have the tetragrammaton instead of "adoni," the Hebrew word for "lord." (A similar assertion is made of Ruth 2:13 and 1 Kings 18:11.) My question to you all is, what mss contain the Divine Name and what textual criticisms can be made of it? Sincerely, Hal.