[b-hebrew] Hebrew words

BruceKGardner at aol.com BruceKGardner at aol.com
Sat Apr 19 19:59:54 EDT 2003

>I am planning to write them in Hebrew script (no consonant markings), so I
also need the Hebrew spelling.  I would greatly appreciate any assistance >
provided!

>Thank you!
>Carie Slonimski

Dear Carie,

I hope I be not thought wiser than my teachers if I say that, since the aim
is to write biblical Hebrew words in the original script, the advice given so
far has to be reversed, i.e. with the first letter starting at the right of
the page and working left: Amen (aleph mem nun) would actually begin on the
right and read (from left) nun mem aleph.

This advice applies to all the examples. reading them left to right,
transpose them right-to-left in Hebrew script.

As I say, this advice may be unnecessary, but in any case it can't do any
harm, even if it is blindingly obvious.

Best wishes,

Bruce Gardner.