[b-hebrew] Hebrew words

Kevin Woodruff cierpke at prodigy.net
Sat Apr 19 15:01:46 EDT 2003

Carie:

I would suggest these:

> Faith - as in the covenent, or pledge, between G-D
> and the people of Israel.  Is there one word that is
> particularly associated with the bond made between
> Moses (and Jews) and G-d on Mt. Sinai?

Chesed (covenantal loyalty, mercy)
(chet-samekh-daleth)

> Integrity - as in adherence, loyalty, purity?

Tom (tau-mem)

> Love - as in love for humanity or the world?

Ahavah (alep-hey-beth)

> Life - as in daily life or in a more spiritual
> sense?

Nephesh (human life) or Chay (Het-yod)

> Learning - specifically Torah learning?

torah (tau-resh-hey)

> Hope - as in future?

Tiqvah (tau-qof-waw-hey)

Kevin

=====
Prof. Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div., M. S. I. S.
Library Director/Reference Librarian, Professor of New Testament and Greek
Cierpke Memorial Library
Cierpke at prodigy.net . http://pages.prodigy.net/cierpke/woodruff.htm