[b-hebrew] Hebrew words

Carie Slonimski carieslonimski at eudoramail.com
Sat Apr 19 13:47:44 EDT 2003

I am working on a paper on Jewish spirituality, and would like to insert as section headings some Hebrew words.  I am not very familiar with biblical Hebrew, and I am having difficulty determining the best words to represent particular concepts.  I would be very grateful if someone could suggest appropriate biblical Hebrew terms to represent the following concepts:

Faith - as in the covenent, or pledge, between G-D and the people of Israel.  Is there one word that is particularly associated with the bond made between Moses (and Jews) and G-d on Mt. Sinai?

Integrity - as in adherence, loyalty, purity?

Love - as in love for humanity or the world?

Life - as in daily life or in a more spiritual sense?

Learning - specifically Torah learning?

Hope - as in future?

I am planning to write them in Hebrew script (no consonant markings), so I also need the Hebrew spelling.  I would greatly appreciate any assistance provided!

Thank you!
Carie Slonimski

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com