[b-hebrew] Extra-Biblical Hebrew texts

Ken Penner pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Tue Apr 15 10:33:45 EDT 2003

> I am looking for extra-Biblical Hebrew texts (printed or
> electronic format) roughly corresponding to the time of BH

The only extra-biblical pre-Mishnaic texts I can think of are (1) Epigraphy,
(2) Dead Sea Scrolls,  (3) Ben Sira, and (4) the Samaritan Pentateuch.

For (1), see most recently S. Gogel (Scholars) for grammar, texts, and
glossary.
For (2), Garcia Martinez and Tigchelaar's (Brill/Eerdmans) The Dead Sea
Scrolls Study Edition is most accessible.
For (3), Beentjes' (Brill) The Book of Ben Sira in Hebrew is most accurate.

Electronically, (1) and (2) are available for Accordance; (2) are available
from Brill.

Ken Penner, M.C.S. (Biblical Languages, Greek Focus), M.A. (Hebrew Poetry)
Ph.D. Student, McMaster University
pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Flash! Pro: http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/westerholm/flash or