Balaam's Kittim Oracle

jwest at highland.net jwest at highland.net
Mon Sep 30 05:21:49 EDT 2002

> As you refuse to use a methodology which
> is transparent (and literary sources are not
> transparent), I can't see that you can come
> to any useful conclusions.

what exactly is a transparent methodology?  i know what a transparent material
object is but how can a method of research be transparent?  if its transparent
isnt it in essence invisible?  and if invisible isnt it without substantive
value?  and if it is without value, why use it as a method?

thanks for the clarification  (im old and stupid and i need stuff spelled out).

jim

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Biblical Studies
Quartz Hill School of Theology