Balaam's Kittim Oracle

Yohanan Shalom b. David ybd_talmidtorah at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 26 07:31:50 EDT 2002

When taking the Kittim into account, we should be reminded to turn to the
DSS.  It would appear that the DSS twist on things would show the Kittim as
the Rommans.

However, I am not so sure that the DSS assumption is a valid one.  When
reading B'reshit, I see the Kittim as being part of what we would call the
Arabic countries of the world.  So, could Balaam's oracle be one that is
directed toward the Arab countries of the world who in this day, and time
seek to destroy Yisra'el?

Yohanan