Psalm 22:16 like a lion they mauled, the emendation question

Ben and Jo Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Mon Sep 16 13:01:39 EDT 2002

On Sun 15 Sep 2002 (20:25:17), cpaman at bellsouth.net wrote:
> A statement was made that the DSS did not contain Ps. 22:16.  In "The Dead
> Sea Scrolls Bible" the verse is listed.  It states that the phrase in the
> MS they have has "they have pierced" and not "like a lion" as in most
> Hebrew MSS. [snip]

 Dear Ron,

 Thank you for that. I have Michael Wise, Martin Abegg Jr and Edward Cook,
 /The Dead Sea Scrolls, a New Translation/, Harper Collins, San Francisco
 and London, 1996. From this it appears that Psalm 22 is not found among
 the DSS so far published. Hence my "Individual Lament".

 Ben
 <ben.crick at argonet.co.uk>
 http://www.cnetwork.co.uk/crick.htm