barry fell and american paleo-hebrew glyphs

Jack Kilmon jkilmon at historian.net
Wed Sep 4 17:47:30 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason A. Hare" <language_lover64801 at yahoo.com>
To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew at franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 6:39 AM
Subject: barry fell and american paleo-hebrew glyphs

> Has anyone heard of Barry Fell?  I need to know if anyone has done any
> credible study AGAINST his claims.  Thanks!!

Does the use of a caret (for mistakenly omitted 2nd line) and a periods at
the ends of a sentences by the forger of the Los Lunas Inscription really
demand a "credible study?" The use of Greek scripts of a later date than the
palaeo-Hebrew? The misspellings? The confusion between kof/qof?  The use of
alef as a vowel?  The only thing that surprises me are ANY credible
epigraphers/palaeographers who claim this inscription as genuine.

Jack