virus alert

Bryan Rocine brocine at earthlink.net
Wed May 29 21:53:38 EDT 2002

I just received a message today from one of my friends in my
Address Book.
Their Address Book had been infected by a virus and it was
passed on to my
computer. My Address Book, in turn has been infected. The
virus (called
jdbgmgr.exe) is not detected by Norton or McAfee anti-virus
systems. The
virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system.
It's sent
automatically by the messenger and by the Address Book,
whether or not you
sent Emails to your contacts. I have checked it, found it,
and deleted it.
Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:

DO THIS:
1. Go to start, Find or Search option.

2. In the files/folder option, write the name jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search the C:drive

4. Click "find now"
5. The virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe
DO NOT OPEN IT

6. Right click and delete it. It will then go to the Recycle
Bin
7. Go to the Recycle Bin and delete there as well

IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS, YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN
YOUR ADDRESS BOOK
SO THAT THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.

SORRY ABOUT THIS. I'M SURE EVERYONE IN MY ADDRESS BOOK WILL
HAVE IT.

Bryan Rocine