BH nunation, Randy

Randall Buth ButhFam at compuserve.com
Thu May 23 08:06:52 EDT 2002

shalom Vince,

I think that i've read you correctly. In any case, a reader should know
that i've interpreted some of the questions as rhetorical and not
serious. That makes them difficult to answer on a level plane.

>(1) i never thought to ask:  what do your native speakers of biblical
>hebrew do with nunation? could they tell us the rule?

Since we only use second-language speakers for our ulpan, you must
have me mixed up with someone else.

   However, it is true that by listening to our teachers, our students
cover the basics faster, retain more, look forward to reading through
the text, and get to bump into those rhetorical nuns in the text.
Pretty nice, eh?  see testimonies, www.biblicalulpan.org

. . .
>(3) i'll be glad to write a scathing critique of Hurvitz, if that would
>help.

As the rabbi said,      'gam zo le-tova'.

Randall Buth
Jerusalem