modern hebrew....

Jonathan D. Safren yonsaf at beitberl.ac.il
Sun May 19 14:59:54 EDT 2002

Reminds me of an article by Mayer Gruber on the problem of academic Bible study in Israel. He writes that secular Jewish study has taken God out of the Bible, and Orthodox Jewish study (like at Bar-Ilan U) doesn't dare study the Torah text itself but only the (traditional) commentaries to it.
Sincerely,
Jonathan D. Safren
Dept. of Biblical Studies
Beit Berl College