Spoken Hebrew

S. L. lyosovs at cityline.ru
Sun May 19 09:28:26 EDT 2002

    Dear Dr. Buth!
I grant, for sake of the argument, that one can drill/internalize parts of BH lexicon (~basic Hebrew lexicon) and especially verbal inflections the way you describe in your postings, because in  terms of  history of Hebrew this is (more or less)  Gemeingut of all Hebrew dialects.
  But I am curious about BH syntax. When  you speak and make the students speak,  do you observe  the BH  rules of reported speech?  Do you converse with them the way David exchanged claims with Jonathan?
  S.Lyosov