OFF TOPIC Modern Hebrew question

Trevor Peterson 06PETERSON at cua.edu
Fri May 17 11:17:21 EDT 2002

I agree with the contention, but another angle on the issue is, who would
teach Shakespeare without being able at least to read Modern English, even to
converse in it? I don't know, because I've never gone through such a program,
but I wonder whether it is normal for someone to teach older stages of, say,
German, French, or English without knowing the modern form of the language?

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics