RE : Elohim singular/plural in Genesis 1

GOLDMAN Amir Patrick amirpatrick.goldman at unifr.ch
Tue May 14 10:49:34 EDT 2002

Dear Martin,
My question was about the interpretation of Gen 1:26 as a volitional in
order to explain the plural as referring to a singular... as your first
message suggested this plural is for One person and having the nuance of a
volotiional form. Now the examples you present here under are cases of a
singular person speaking to and for a plural, which is a quite different
context. So I remain with the difficulty of interpreting the plural of Gen
1:26 as related only to God as One Person.
Sincerely,
Yohanan Goldman