Elohim singular/plural in Genesis 1 and the prefix H before a verb

Fernando Arias fernando.arias at lycos.com
Tue May 7 19:26:09 EDT 2002

Dear members,
It's interesting to me that Elohim has a singular meaning in most of Genesis 1, but in Genesis 1:26 is used with a plural form of the verb which has the prefix of Nun, N($H. My questions are:
1) Why is Elohim used with a singular meaning in most of Genesis 1 but it has a plural meaning in Genesis 1:26?
2) Why does the verb RM$ in Genesis 1:26 take the prefix of letter H? What is the meaning of that prefix in combination with the verb?
Thanks in advance for your answers,
Fernando