Is R)$YT even a "time" word?

Jason A. Hare language_lover64801 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 00:07:42 EST 2002

Ian,

As I said in my last message, I have not followed the list very well, but
I just went through this thread and followed the argument up 'til this
point.  Honestly, I had never heard of the Enuma Elisha (and I still don't
have a clue where it's from or what it is), but it is to me very striking
in its similarities.  I just wanted to thank you for bringing it up and
quoting it.  I had always been curious to what the RWH )LHYM and THWM were
referring in Gen. 1.2.  This puts a new spin on things for me.  I don't
really want to enter this debate, because I think there is no argument
here [B:R)"$iYT = "at the first" as a time phrase that modifies the
should-be infinitive construct B:Ro) -- so Rashi].  I just in passing
wanted to say that I appreciate your comments.

Regards,
Jason Hare