Psalm 2:12 and Proverbs 31 ben/bar

soren at enteract.com soren at enteract.com
Fri Mar 22 11:20:40 EST 2002

As Milton Himmelfarb pointed out at the time (in his review of Dahood in
Commentary--February 1968) neshe qever would be "women of the grave."  TO have
a parallel with ishe mavet or bene mavet, one would need anshe mavet.
Himmelfarb notes Dahood's invocation of Ugaritic but points out that he gives
but one Ugaritic example in which neshe is anything else but women.  Dahood, in
his subsequent reply to Himmelfarb talks about this example but says nothing on
the neshe/anshe question.

                                                  Steve Oren
                                                  Chicago IL

Quoting Polycarp66 at aol.com: