Is R)$YT even a "time" word?

Paul Zellmer smdirect at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 21 11:25:53 EST 2002

Ian,

A couple days ago I asked you why you are even so sure that R)$YT is even a
"time" word.  I repeat that the word as used throughout the Tanach seems to
be describing *what* it is that comes at the start of a series, not the
*time* the series starts.  I don't see your basis for taking it the same way
as, say, YWM, which clearly specifies a unit of time.

If we remove the "time word" or "time phrase" element, that sort of shoots
your whole debate in the foot, what?

Paul Zellmer