Psalm 2:7 and Proverbs 31 ben/bar

Schmuel schmuel at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 21 15:25:29 EST 2002

Shalom B-Hebrew,

Please accept double-apologies for making this three posts...

Psalms 2:12 (KJV)
2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way,
        when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that
put their trust in him.

I just found the exact claim.. it is from a Jews for Judaism Referece Library..

 > In Aramaic, bar is used only as a construct "son of" (Proverbs 31:2;
Ezra 5:1-2, 6:14),
 > whereas the absolute form of "son" in Aramaic is ber'a.
 > the verse should have read nash-ku ber'a, "kiss the son," not nash-ku
bar, "kiss the son of."

I know that cross-language "rules" are very dubious..

What do you think of this claim ?

Schmuel at bigfoot.com

Messianic_Apologetic-subscribe at yahoogroups.com