Egyptian/Hebrew "y" Adjectives Last Try

Matthew R. Miller biblicalscribe at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:59:45 EST 2002

Hi all,
I never received any response to my original post on this topic, and so I
will try one more time. In my Egyptian hieroglyphic studies, I have
learned that in Egyptian, one may form a string of descriptive
substantives and even verbs into a single adjective by adding the "y"
ending.  I also know this is very common in Arabic. My question is, are
there any examples of this phenomenon in the Hebrew Bible?  In particular,
could some of the names of monuments and wells, such as Be'er-Lahai-Roi or
Be'er Sheva, be such examples? Thanks! Matthew R. Miller