lationship between b-nouns and clauses

Paul Zellmer smdirect at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 19 12:10:06 EST 2002

I do not see "b-nouns" governing clauses (or absolute nouns, for that
matter) at all.  "Governing" does not describe the relationship at all.  The
"b-noun" is not the most important aspect of such a structure, nor does it
limit the action of any associated activity.  If anything, what is
associated with the "b-noun," whether expressed or implied, governs the
"b-noun," as it does limit and control the application of that word.

I have looked at your examples and have found any focus of attention on the
"b-noun" is misplaced.

Paul Zellmer