VIRUS WARNING

Ian Hutchesson mc2499 at mclink.it
Tue Mar 19 11:28:32 EST 2002

Ken,

There are sadly such things and they definitely aren't hoaxes. One is only
(or perhaps mainly) vulnerable to my knowledge if one uses Microsoft
products, but the logic is relatively simple. MS software comes with the
ability to open attachments automatically enabled. I have received a
number of posts with attachments that try to open themselves because
they are scripted to do so. If you disable this ability, there is a tiny bit more
protection.

However, I have received a few posts recently pretending to be from a
list administrator which are very large and which cause all sorts of
problems if I even select them just to delete them.

Many viruses are not hoaxes and they're becoming more difficult deal with
manually.

Ian