bereshit and mereshit.

Bill Rea cctr114 at cantsl.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Mar 17 18:49:33 EST 2002

Liz wrote:-

>I haven't been following this thread at all,
>so I hope I'm not repeating stuff. But wasn't all this
>discussed already years ago on this list? Anyway,
>according to Rashi, it is in the construct state,
>which is good enough for me, frankly.

Why do accept Rashi's opinion?  His commentary is pretty old and our
knowledge of the language has improved greatly since he lived.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz             </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'