Question: Off topic? More

weismann weismann at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Mar 17 06:54:21 EST 2002

Hello, Yes , it seems a little strange to hear that the Biblical translators
are "informed by the Spirit". With due and great respect, I remember that
the most traditional Handbooks of Biblical Hermeneutics ( Anglican, Roman
Catholics, etc) always said that the Biblical Writers were inspired by the
Spirit but not the Translators. Otherwise this is other subject: I was , as
student, very impressed by the research of L. Alonso Schökel about Biblical
Inspiration ( The Word as Inspired, etc), etc.

I agree with Ms. Fried about "theologies and prejudices": this expression
implies a whole History of the Biblical Interpretation and Translation.

Enjoying as always this very interesting List,

sincerely yours,      F. J. Weismann,       weismann at fibertel.com.ar