Question: Off topic?

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Thu Mar 14 12:30:57 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/14/2002 11:37:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
06PETERSON at cua.edu writes:

> My quick answer (and therefore only half-serious) is: So you can be confused

Unfortunately, for all too many seminary students this is precisely what it
becomes.  Some never learn the language well enough to be able to sit down
and even struggle through a passage several years later.  Others learn only
enough to be dangerous to themselves and others.  They never learn to be able
to distinguish between what is a viable interpretation and what is pure
hogwash.

I think it is criminal if a seminary allows ANY student to graduate without
acquiring a reasonable proficiency in BOTH Hebrew AND Greek - no exceptions.

GfSomsel