Question: Off topic?

Ian Goldsmith iangoldsmith1969 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 14 11:14:46 EST 2002

Dear Members.

I've a question that I would apprectiate your thoughts
on. Whilst not strictly on the Hebrew scriptures it is
connected.

Q: What good reasons are there for studying the Old
Testament Scriptures in Hebrew?

I've been studying Hebrew for probably over five years
now (not as long as many of you), and find myself
asking 'why?'. Whilst I enjoy studying Hebrew very
much indeed, I find it difficult to give a reason,
when asked, why anyone else should learn Hebrew.

I would very much appreciate your encouraging views.

Many thanks for your time.

Ian.

=====
Ian Goldsmith.
England.

Dibrah Torah kilshone bnei-adam
'The Torah spoke in the language of ordinary men.'
Berakot 31b