bereshit (Small Clarification)

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Thu Mar 14 06:28:15 EST 2002

Precisely, Ian. I deliberately specified a following w-SVO clause as
someone else pointed out that this was a significant difference between
Genesis 1:1-2 and the other examples you quoted like Numbers 7:1 (which
I did discuss briefly, remember that I stated that JPS and NIV had a
different understanding?) A WAYYIQTOL clause may perhaps sometimes be
sequential to an infinitive construct dependent on a B-noun time
indicator. I don't know of any examples of a w-SVO clause acting as
sequential to an expression. That is why I was asking for further
examples.

Peter Kirk