bereshit (Small Clarification)

Ian Hutchesson mc2499 at mclink.it
Wed Mar 13 23:39:46 EST 2002

>I invite you and others on the list to submit other
>close parallels, especially of the form B-noun verb subject object
>W-subject verb... (noun is temporal, no article, absolute or construct).

Sorry, I just reread this and find the extra
specification (which I did not take into account
in my previous post) exclusive of most of the
examples of b-noun VSO I mentioned. I don't
really see why such is necessary as you can have
"free-range" sentences with wSVOs attached to
them. It should be sufficient that that it is
obvious that phrases such as bywm govern VSOs.
The rest follows.

Ian