SV: Isa 57:8 YD XZYT

Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk
Wed Mar 13 02:09:49 EST 2002

A similar usage may be in evidence in 11Q5 XXI 17, the Hebrew version of Ben
Sira 51:13-19 appended to the Cave 11 Psalms Scroll. In describing his
relationship with Wisdom, Ben Sira says

YDY PTX[ ... ] M(RMYH )TBWNN

in García Martínez' translation:

'"My hand" opened [...] her nakedness I inspected'.

If further extrabiblical instances are found, they ought to be listed in the
relevant volume of the Sheffield Dictionary of Classical Hebrew (vol 4
Yod-Lamed, 1998)

good morning
Soren, Cph