Pictures: Self-Contained Hebrew workbook

Randall Buth ButhFam at compuserve.com
Thu Mar 7 05:36:21 EST 2002

RE:     Pictures: Self-Contained Hebrew workbook

shalom Mark,

The response of people who actually use the picture material
in   Living Biblical Hebrew for Everyone
is heart-warming.

Here is a comment from a 60-year old lady I received this week:

"Regarding our Biblical Hebrew, we are serious about our language
course, and continue to work on it daily. I am so thrilled as to its
simplicity and effectiveness. It is very rewarding. "

Another comment, this week, from someone working with children
(parentheses mark the ages of the kid!):

"Book One has been very rewarding.  David (8)
and Joy (6) have at least an 80% mastery through lesson #3.  I took them
aside individually and went over each line of three and asked them which of
these says ___. With Hannah (3), it is more difficult for me to tell what
she knows.  I would say she has about 35-40% of lesson #1 "

Well, maybe three years old is too young to expect compelling results!

In any case, the picture listening system actually works like a real human
language. It engages students in a way that grammar/translation simply
can't. Plus students learn at a faster rate, about double.

Your biggest problem will be price, (3 CDs cost money to produce)
but if you are running a group there are group/bookstore prices available.

Contact Gary at
www.biblicalulpan.org

At the heart of the Biblical Language Center is the idea that learning
to read biblical texts in the original languages is a normal human
activity, for all those "created in the image".
Finding methods that actually work and that lead to
internalization of the languages is our job.

blessings,

Randall Buth, PhD
Director, Biblical Language Center
www.biblicalulpan.org