Puns.

Tyler Connoley johntyler at connoley.com
Sun Jun 30 19:26:11 EDT 2002

I just ran across one in Isaiah 56:5. The eunuchs are given a name and a
monument (yad). Of course, we all know the name will not be cut off, wink
wink, but in the next chapter we find out that yad also has a double
meaning.

57:8 says, "And you have made a bargain for yourself with them, you have
loved their bed, you have gazed on their nakedness (i.e. phallus/yad)."

Blame it on seminary, really. I never saw the double entendres before.

-Tyler
--
"In my family we didn't believe in God,
so cleanliness got top billing."