Eze 27:6

Tyler Connoley johntyler at connoley.com
Thu Jun 6 08:34:27 EDT 2002

On 6/4/02 11:20 PM, Ian Hutchesson wrote:

> qr$k `$w-$n bt-'$rym

I was thinking about this again before I went to sleep last night.
Grammatically, $n could not be a modifier of bt-'$rym, because in Hebrew
modifiers come after nouns. (Although, who ever heard of Ezekiel worrying
about proper grammar. :-)

So, I might be tempted to translate the whole phrase as, "They made your
plank[s] of ivory of boxwood." Or, more clearly in English, "They made your
plank[s] of boxwood ivory." In this case, the phrase $n bt-'$rym might still
refer to a type of t'$rym that looks -- or in some other way resembles --
ivory.

For what it's worth,
Tyler
--