Yhe Land Divided

Tyler Connoley johntyler at connoley.com
Tue Jun 4 13:18:32 EDT 2002

I thought I¹d sent this earlier, but apparently only replied to gfsomsel.

I think the verse being referred to (Gen 10:32) doesn¹t talk about lands
being divided. It talks about nations (HAGGOYIM) spreading out or separating
(NIGR:DW). The reference is to the sons of Noah (whose genealogies take up
most of Gen 10) being the progenitors of all the nations who spread out
across the earth after the flood.

And lets please not get into the science or historicity of that. :-)

-Tyler (A newby to the group.)
--
"Learn to dance, otherwise the angels in heaven
will not know what to do with you." -Augustine