The daughter of Jeftah died?

Bill Burks rwburks at flash.net
Mon Jun 3 10:30:19 EDT 2002

George,

While I can appreciate our attempts to explain something that to us is
unexplainable, it could be that the text indicates just what it says and
no more.  The girl was sacrificed.  The vow foolish, or not well
planned.  The text however can be taken at its face value.  To do
otherwise is beyond the limitations of the language and steps into the
muddy waters of interpretation.

Bill Burks