Ps 102 "you are he"

Bill Ross BillRoss at norisksoftware.com
Wed Jul 31 11:27:42 EDT 2002

<Bill>
Actually, the last verse should probably be separated from the one
before:

THE CRISIS
23  He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days. {weakened:
Heb. afflicted}

THE PRAYER
24  I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days:
thy years are throughout all generations.
25  Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth:
and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26  They shall perish, but thou shalt endure:
yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment;
as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: {endure:
Heb. stand}

THE RESPONSE
27  But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

SUMMARY
28  The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be
established before thee.

I am also interested in the possible implications of this clause in
verse 26:

"as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed"

Does this imply a replacement or a renewal of any kind?

Thank you,

Bill Ross
BillRoss at norisksoftware.com