Ps 102 "you are he"

Bill Ross BillRoss at norisksoftware.com
Wed Jul 31 09:02:49 EDT 2002

<Bill>
I could use a little help here...

In this passage, the psalmist is anxious that he might disappear. He
prays an affirmation of G-d's eternity. Is it possible that he receives
the comfort "you are the same, and your years shall have no end?"

THE PRAYER
23  He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days. {weakened:
Heb. afflicted}
24  I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy
years are throughout all generations.
25  Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens
are the work of thy hands.
26  They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax
old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall
be changed: {endure: Heb. stand}

THE RESPONSE
27  But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
28  The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be
established before thee.

Bill Ross
BillRoss at norisksoftware.com