hu=hi?

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Mon Jul 29 22:34:07 EDT 2002

> Although I have no comment on the cause of this perpetual qeri'/kethib, I do think it
> should be obvious that it has no bearing on the validity of the documentary hypothesis.
> The consistency of the phenomenon in Torah and relative absence outside it seems
> more indicative of a global change in orthography than any difference or lack thereof in
> source.
> ---
It's easy to declare such a hypothesis "obvious," isn't it?  Especially since there is no
documentary or linguistic evidence to either affirm or refute it.  That's the beauty of
this field: one can toss out just about any idea and have a 50-50 chance of being
right.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur