hu=hi?

James Kirk jckirk at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 29 13:12:57 EDT 2002

List,

I just happened to have read Jouon-Muraoka's discussion of this phenomena
earlier today.  See 39.A.c. (p122): The feminine Ktiv HW) in the Pentateuch.
He suggests: "This rather strange phenomena, it seems, may be explained
fairly plausibly as derived from a certain late recension of the
Pentateuch."  His confidence ("it seems, may be explained... fairly
plausibly") doesn't instill a lot of trust in me, but I would be interested
to see anyone's analysis of his explanation.

Jim